Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Old Trunk
















This was just like opening a giant Christmas present last night. So I have this GIANT old trunk that I've had for a long time...but never had the key for it. I always told the kids not to lock it (which only involved pushing hard enough on the latch for it to "click" in and lock). Well, inevitably, one day my oldest did just that...and it had been locked ever since (5 or 6 years ago) up until last night. :) We drove it down to the local locksmith and for $21.75, he made a key for it. We brought it home, opened it up, and weeeeeeeeee!! Lots of yarn and patterns, materials, crafting supplies, etc...stuff I forgot I had and now I can use again!

By the way, this is a "Neverbreak Trunks, U.S.A." trunk. Old old old...and very sturdy. The inner shelf lifts out with handles so you can access the lower portion of the trunk. If you ever happen across one, I recommend them for storage! Make sure yours has a key ;)

4 comments:

Weazel Girl said...

That is so awesome, I love the trunk. Did you remember what was in it before you took to to the locksmith?

Mae Belle Creations and Musings said...

Nope! Well... I remembered that I had some yarn and a few patterns in there, but I didn't remember what all else. The crochet thread was a surprise as well as a few crochet hooks (the really long, thick type made out of wood) that I'd forgotten where I'd put. :)

brightmichael@yahoo.com said...

If you are still on your website, I would like to know what your trunk is worth to you if you were to sell. My fiancee has just experienced some water damage in her apartment and my identical trunk may have been damaged. Thank you for any consideration in replying.

Unknown said...

Hiw much is that worth