Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Super Long Stocking Hats (crochet)



Howdy all!! As you can see...I finally managed to pick up a fake head to use for modeling my hats and getting pictures! The thing is scary and when not in use, it lives on top of a shelf where I don't have to look at it. :P

Anyway, today's post is about 2 stocking hats I crocheted over the last few days. The green and black one above is a bit longer than the variegated one below, but both are quite long. I *love* this style of crochet hat and it makes me happy to make them. No two are exactly alike because I use random yarns and color schemes and no pattern at all. Just start at the end and work my way to the base for as long as I feel like it.

The variegated hat below is with a yarn from Hobby Lobby called "I Love This Yarn" and I had bought it last time we were traveling and I had the opportunity to go into that store. We don't have Hobby Lobby where we live (boo!) but I sure wish we did because I'd love to get more of that yarn...it is super soft and feels like the expensive stuff without actually being expensive! It is a little more than the basic Red Heart brand, but not much. And so worth it!! :D

I've already listed the striped hat above on my Etsy shop for anyone interested in getting it... this other one will be listed later today or tomorrow. :)



No comments: