Monday, November 29, 2010

Coffee Mug Cozy and Hoop Earrings (crochet)



I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and start to the new week! I spent some time making these two things while I had the time off at home. Top is a coffee mug cozy made using a star stitch, which I'm pretty sure I messed up...but at least it is *evenly* messed up LOL. I didn't use a pattern for it, just picked my yarn (100% cotton) and kinda held it around the cup every so often until it was as big as I wanted it, then added a couple of chain "straps" to hold it on. I like how it turned out.

The second picture is a pair of hoop earrings also crocheted onto using #10 crochet thread and a #7 steel hook. It's the first time I tried something so small and it was a little difficult at first since I'm not used to the teeny sizes of it all, but with practice I think it'll get easier. In the end I decided to give this pair to my sister as a hostess gift for having Thanksgiving at her house and she seemed happy with them :) So that is what counts!

No comments: