Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Owl Cup Cozy and Clover Cup Cozy (crochet)


I bought the pattern for this cozy off of Ravelry.com a long time ago and although I tried to sit and make it several times over the last couple months...it never came out right. I would always get stuck on the directions for row 3 and then give up for a while. Well, last night I decided to overcome this problem by doing things my own way until it worked and this is how it came out.
The con is that it is still imperfect and I can see exactly where. The pro, though, is that now I can see how to fix it for next time! :) And..it is still cute and most people would probably not even notice the flaws if I didn't point them out. I'm hanging on to this one but hopefully can make more down the road in other colors for other people. :)


And here we have the clover cozy. I just listed it in my Etsy shop if anyone is interested in it, hop on over there. There's also more photos! Anyway, I love green and this multi-shade green yarn is really fun and goes great with the clover. It fits a soda can perfectly but also is a tad bit stretchy so you could use it as a coffee cup cozy if you wanted. :) Better than the throw-away cardboard things!!

No comments: