Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Candy Cane Nails and Amigurumi Squid!

Hiiiiiii!! I keep trying to be more diligent about adding posts to my blog but I swear this time of year is always the biggest challenge.  Lots of things on the ol' to-do list!


Here's an easy holiday nail art design that almost anyone could do.  Peppermint candy cane!  Simply apply a base coat to protect your nails, then paint the entire nail white.  Allow that to dry a couple minutes, then add red stripes in varying thicknesses either using a striping polish, or a thin paint brush from the craft store!  Finish with a clear top coat and you're all set!



I'm sure everyone knows being close to the holidays, it gets harder to share things on here since a lot of what I make are for gifts and I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises!! But that doesn't mean I haven't made anything outside of that... :)

This little crocheted guy (squid) was a special request as a Christmas gift for someone through Etsy.  I will be shipping him off tomorrow morning to his new home.  

I have also been adding new items to my Etsy shop for those looking for any holiday gift ideas... everything is unique and there's a lot of variety!! Check it out :)

www.maebellecreations.etsy.com      Also feel free to contact me about custom orders!

No comments: