Thursday, December 9, 2010

Miniature Snowman (crochet)


I didn't have a pattern for this guy- he is all from my head while sitting and watching Hallmark Channel for 3 hours HAHA. (24 hours a day of Christmas stuff will have you making snowmen, too...)

I basically started making a "ball" and after you start tapering it down, instead of closing it up- start bringing it back out again to make the second snowball. Make it a little bigger than the first one..then taper it down and close it off (after stuffing). He is approximately 2 1/2 inches tall.

I used embroidery thread to do the coal and nose and the tassels on the scarf. The rest of the scarf, hat, and snowman was using size #3 crochet thread and an "E" hook. Altogether I would say it took me about 3 hours or so to make...that was with several laundry, bathroom and snack breaks. :P


5 comments:

Kristi said...

I LOVE this!!! I need about a million of them to make into the world's cutest garland to decorate my fireplace mantle, so get crackin'!!!

Weazel Girl said...

He is so cute! I think I am going to have to make a set of ornaments for my tree. I mad a couple applique style animals for the kids this year... but I may have to make some thread ones. :-D

Mae Belle Creations and Musings said...

Thank you guys :D I love snowman stuff..you can make them so different every time and still never run out of new ones! :) The fireplace mantle idea is pretty good- I might have to think about that one. Although one made of all these guys would take until NEXT Christmas to finish hahaha.

Marleen said...

Love this little snowman,greetings from Holland!

Mae Belle Creations and Musings said...

Thank you!! And greetings back from good ol' USA :)