Friday, February 25, 2011

Amigurumi Baby Seal and Alligator (crochet)


This baby seal is a good example of how something that didn't come out quite right can be fixed! The photo on the left is the finished seal from the pattern. (Which is from the same book as yesterday's monkey post). Notice how the body is twisted a bit and the flipper is up in the air? It isn't really supposed to look like that. So either the pattern was funky or I did something wrong while making it. BUT...I did some brainstorming and decided to make a little ball to attach to his flipper and tada- it looks like it is supposed to be that way. :) Originally I was thinking of making a ball to put on his nose anyway but this works out better to balance him out.



And an alligator!!! :D I love the green colors and the teeth on this guy. He worked up pretty quickly and I didn't have any issues with the pattern. (same book) I think if I did it again, I might consider giving him longer limbs that have a bend in them like the real ones but it is still adorable this way and probably less scary-looking. haha :D

No comments: