Friday, February 4, 2011

Gnomes and Fingerless Mitts (crochet)


I've added a red-headed gnome to the bunch :) I don't know why, but when I went to add the beard and eyebrows, it whispered "use orange for me" so I did. :) I'd love more ideas on color combos and detailing if you want to leave a comment below with suggestions for me to try. :) The possibilities are endless, I know, but sometimes I get crafters' block!




This is a pair of fingerless mitts I made last night over a few reruns of Golden Girls and Cheers. :) It didn't use much yarn at all...if I had to guess, I would say maybe 1/4 skein of each of 2 colors. The varigated green/yellow/blue yarn is a skein I've had for years and it finally swam its way to the top of my stash to be used. It still isn't gone. I might just added the rest of it to the scrappy blanket where all my ends wind up. :D

The pattern for the mitts is actually from the Twinkie Chan book and is the pattern for her strawberry mitts, but using black and blue/green instead for a totally different look.

No comments: