Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pizza Slice (crochet)


Mmmm pizza :D This is 3 layers thick because there is one for the crust, one for sauce and one for cheese. Plus the toppings. I think it would be fun to have a whole pizza's worth of these and a box to put them in. Someday if I have a lot more time! haha Pattern is from the "Tasty Crochet" book. :)

Today I was able to go out and buy more colors of the cotton yarn I like to use for the food/amigurumi stuff (Sugar & Cream brand). I have noticed that there don't seem to be a lot of solid "plain" colors in that brand...at least in the stores around here. They have a lot more of the mixed varigated balls than they do just of the all one color balls. But you can't beat the price or the crochet result of the 100% cotton so I will have to just hunt around to see if I can find more. :)

2 comments:

Weazel Girl said...

What does the pattern have you do so the layers don't seperate or pull apart? Are they tacked together in places? I have been curious about making play food sets for the kids but can't find any good free patterns online.

Mae Belle Creations and Musings said...

Each of the layers are whipstitched to the one below it and when I put on the toppings, I kinda went through all the layers a bit to make sure they didn't puff up. The pattern didn't say to do that part, but it worked pretty well. :)