Thursday, April 7, 2011

Amigurumi ducky, bunny and also a Tinkerbell cake ;) :D


Busy, busy, busy!!!! That describes me these days :D Trying to get as much stuff done as possible for the up-coming craft fair and also doing cakes for friends while I'm at it!

The ducky and bunny were two little amigurumi toys I finished up yesterday and they turned out sooooo cute!! The ducky wasn't supposed to have a tail but I thought he needed one, so I added it. He *almost* looks like Tweety Bird from Looney Tunes, don't you think?..just a little bit anyway . The bunny is close to one of my favorites so far because of the detailing. It is felt on the inside of the ears (sewn in by hand) and also for the muzzle/nose/mouth on the face. The carrot is from a long time ago when I made it, but thought it'd make a cute photo prop!

Both pattern inspirations are from "Amigurumi World" though I changed them a bit. The bunny's feet, arms and tail (which wasn't part of it either...I don't know why these toys don't get tails!!!) were all my own because I didn't like the suggested ones.






And of course...Tinkerbell cake! This was actually from a few days ago, but I haven't had a chance to post it. A friend's little girl turned 3 and wanted Tinkerbell for her party, so I was in charge of the cake-ness and here it is!! I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. Sometimes doing the "eyes" on cakes gives me a little trouble but I think this was good. :) She absolutely loved it and that is what counts the most. :)

No comments: