Friday, July 8, 2011

Pearly Green Purse with Long Handle (crochet)



Tonight I am lucky enough to get to go to a concert with one of my best friends and I am so excited!!! BUT a problem I always have when I go to those kinds of things is what to do with my purse. I don't want to just set it on the nasty, sticky floor and risk someone swiping it...but I don't want to carry one on my shoulder or hold it in my hand the whole night. SO I came up with a solution.

I crocheted this green purse with an extra long handle in exactly the right size to hold my gnome wallet (yellow above) and my cell phone (purple above) and it can go messenger-bag style across me and hang by my hip. :D It only took about 1 1/2 hours to make and is all done with SC stitches working in a round. I used a light green somewhat fuzzy kind of yarn that I had no label for so I have no clue what brand/kind it is and doubled it up with a baby yarn in white-pearl color. The button I sewed on is a matching pearly color. I used an "I" hook and it's approximately 15 stitches wide. I didn't count the rows, just stopped when it fit my wallet without poking out the top anymore. The handle is 150 chains and then SC back across once.

So that wasn't exactly a pattern, but if you have crochet experience you can probably get the idea -- very simple and quick! :D

1 comment:

Weazel Girl said...

I love this bag, I've never made one on a round before, I usually make one big rectangle and sew up the sides. I may have to try one this way. :-D looks cute!