Thursday, March 3, 2011

Amigurumi Elephant *and* Cupcake Pincushion (crochet)


Meet Splash the Elephant! Splash is the newest toy to join the crowd that is forming in my 'finished' pile of crocheted goodies. :) Yet another creation from the "Vanna's Choice: Easy Crochet Critters" book, using 100% cotton Sugar & Cream brand yarn.
I added the peanut which wasn't part of it, but definitely gives him some extra character. :) The yarn color I chose is called Country Stripes, and I LOVE how it turned out! I didn't have any grey to use and wasn't sure what this would end up like but I'm very happy and think it adds to the charm.



This is something I just whipped up without a pattern in a matter of roughly an hour after talking to my sister on the phone earlier tonight. She had mentioned the idea of making a cupcake pincushion so I told her I'd give it a shot. :) It is perfect to use with the multi-colored pins like in the photo for a sprinkle look. I am going to list this one on Etsy tonight, so hop over there for more photos or to purchase if you wish! Anyone interested in one of these in other colors or whatnot, feel free to email. :)

No comments: