Monday, April 4, 2011

Easy Play-Road-Map for kids and their little cars :)

I'm sure I'm not the first person to do/think of this, but there are probably a million different ways you can make these for the kiddos and here is my version I came up with last night. Being Spring Break and all...I wanted to give them something new and fun to do for at least part of it!! We have a huge bucket full of Hotwheels that was just begging for this project.

All you need is a giant piece of felt (I paid $2.50 for a huge piece and brought it home and cut it in half. So what you see in the picture is only half the length I bought and about $1.25 then). And you'll need some fabric puffy paints that come in the little squeeze tubes. Fairly cheap...I had them on hand already. :) Doodle up your town and roads to your heart's desire and ta-da!!! Let it dry at least 4 hours (or overnight).


Here it is the next morning, already being played with. I had also bought a large piece of vinyl for about $2.00 to go over the top so that the car wheels wouldn't snag on the felt. Plus it'll come in handy for play-dough time and such. It isn't sewn on or anything, just laying over the top. :D

No comments: