Thursday, May 5, 2011

Amigurumi Snake, Cake and Flan!! (crochet)

Abssssssolutely adorable sssssssssnake!!! I used one skein of variegated yarn and it was perfect for the striping down its body. The tongue actually got yanked off not too long after I finished making him (and I didn't care for the idea of a "felt" tongue anyway) so I redid it with yarn and just crocheted a tongue. I don't have a pic of that, but it is definitely better and more sturdy.

A happy little cake for one of my niece's upcoming 1st birthday!! I was going to do a candle on the top but decided to keep it like this instead so it can be played with all year and not just for first birthday.

Lastly, a little cutsey flan. I have never made or eaten flan before, but it sure is cute!! I googled images of flan with a cherry on top and this is pretty close. It looks not half bad, either, so I might actually have to make and eat some one of these days to see what it tastes like. :)


All three of these patterns are from Ana Paula Rimoli's brand new book "Amigurumi Toy Box". I had it on pre-order from Amazon for a couple months and just got it in the mail a couple days ago... Very cute stuff and good directions for finishing the toys. I am quite happy with it and am going to probably make everything in it eventually. I do like to vary away from the pattern every once in a while (like with the snake tongue) but this is excellent for the basics. :)

1 comment:

Weazel Girl said...

All very cute, and I can't wait to see more from the new book! :)