Friday, May 27, 2011

Fairy Tale Elf Slippers (crochet)

So far I've made 3 pairs of these slippers...Above is pink for girls and purple button accents!

These are a maroon color for boy or girl (in this case, boy) and no buttons...first pair I made.

And lastly, my own pair. :D Check out that messy coffee table (or as it's referred to around here...crochet table). I used a chunkier yarn and bigger hook for mine. The only thing I would change is the heel so that it is not quite so squarish, and I think I might have figured out a way to do it for the next pair I try.

All 3 of these were from the same pattern. It was written in such a way that you can use any yarn, hook, and make any size slipper from baby to adult. Very easy to follow and hard to mess up! I got mine from Ravelry.com and did have to pay for it, but it was worth it to see exactly how she did her slippers. If you look up "peter pan's slippers" or "elf slippers" on Ravelry, it is Gabriela Ordenes' pattern.

No comments: