Monday, August 22, 2011

Amigurumi Pink Elephant, Dolly and Pumpkin (crochet)

Well I had originally planned to get these posted over the weekend, so I'm a day late. Oopsie!! :) We ended up doing a Sunday drive down the coast instead so I figure that's a good excuse for being late.

This little doll is only about 5 inches long and her apron is tied on/removable. I gave her to a special little girl who kept eyeing it while it was being made! (She didn't know it was going to be for her anyway, so it was a nice surprise). :D

The pattern for this micro-mini elephant (in pink!!! hahaha) Is actually a pattern from a Lion Brand yarn book that normally makes it about 6-7 inches big with medium worsted weight yarn. BUT, for the fun of it, I used a total of 4 skeins of this pastel pink embroidery floss (100% cotton) and a #6 steel crochet hook instead and it turned out roughly 2 inches long. Super, super, super tiny and the stitches...well, let's just say my eyes had to strain a little but it was worth it!


Lastly, a little pumpkin!! This guy actually IS made using regular cotton yarn and an F hook, so he's just small by design. :) But Halloween is coming up and I couldn't wait to make it! I love holidays and can't believe they're already just around the corner again. I would love to find more Halloween patterns to try out!

P.S. Contemplating signing up for another craft fair that will be held in December. I think it sounds like a good idea and now I just have to balance out between posting new stuff on Etsy or saving it for the c.f. ??? aaagghh... if you see anything you like and it's NOT on Etsy, drop me an email and we can set something up! :)

2 comments:

Yarny Days said...

So cute! I love tiny stuff.

Mae Belle Creations and Musings said...

Thank you- I agree. :) :) miniatures are adorable!